If you are a church or religious organisation who would like to share more stories and images about the work of MAF, then in this section you can find ready-written material, prepared by the MAF UK News team, for you to download and use.
Our quarterly Prayer Diary includes daily prayer needs, photos and themed scriptures to equip you in intercession. As an extra bonus, the Prayer Diary comes with our Flying for Life Magazine - full of up to date stories from the countries in which we serve.
Do you have a heart for mission and want to see lives changed for people living in some of the remotest areas on earth? If so, you can make a difference! Come and volunteer with MAF Scotland and be part of a team helping to raise awareness of the life-changing work of Mission Aviation Fellowship – the worlds’ largest humanitarian airline!
At MAF we are Flying For Life and we would love you to come on board and embark on a new EXCITING volunteering journey with our team here in Scotland. We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate people to fill a wide variety of volunteering opportunities as we expand our reach in Scotland.
There are many flight paths to choose from, so you’re sure to find one that’s right for you. So, if you’re inspired to help see how the needs of those living across the developing world can be overcome through our lifesaving flights, then take a look at the pathways below to find out more!
“I signed up to be a volunteer with MAF Scotland to help raise awareness of the work that MAF do. I would encourage anyone to do the same and get in touch with the MAF Scotland team, to find out more and to pray about it to see if this is something that God wants you to be a part of.”
Do you have the drive and skills to lead a team of volunteers in your area? Do you like encouraging others, building relationships, and managing workloads? Do you have management experience? You could help coordinate and further the work of MAF Scotland in your region.
- Responsibility for supervising, training, and supporting a small group of volunteers in a specified area/region.
- Taking the lead in overseeing a team of volunteers in a specified region/area, in line with the MAF Scotland strategy.
We have lots of exciting and engaging resources that we take to events across the country. Are you outgoing, like meeting people and have the confidence to talk to others? Or perhaps you are more hands-on and enjoy logistics and could help us get our resources to events?
- Representing MAF at events and conferences where MAF have a presence or a stand.
- Leading others through MAF Event resources e.g. Rescue Challenge, Flight Simulator and Display Plane.
- Helping with the logistics of MAF’s event presence.
At MAF Scotland, we have a busy office: overseeing the administration of all our activities, speaking to our wonderful supporters and much, much more. Do you have administrative skills or experience of working in a busy office? We may have the volunteering role for you!
- Assisting with administrative tasks relating to MAF Scotland’s work.
- Assisting local MAF Scotland leadership with any administrative needs.
High quality digital creations are key to ensuring all our communications are professional and relevant. Do you have experience of producing presentations, videos, or social media? If so, you could help us ensure our content is of the highest quality.
- Assisting MAF Scotland in its digital production of online presentation content.
- Assisting MAF Scotland staff with social media content creation.
Community Fundraising Pathway:
Are you passionate about seeing people achieve their goals? Are you good at organising initiatives? If so, we have just the volunteering opportunity for you! Help people see the difference raising money locally can do for MAF’s lifesaving work overseas.
- Committed to raising money for MAF locally in your community through initiatives and events.
- Encourage others to consider running initiatives and sponsored events to raise money locally for MAF.
We are always looking at developing engaging resources that convey the message of MAF’s life-saving work. Do you have experience of producing resources for use in churches, schools, or other settings where MAF could present or exhibit? You could help produce exciting new resources!
- Assisting in the writing and production of resources for MAF Scotland to use in the out-working of our ministry.
- Contributing to the creation of new resource ideas.
- Help develop and refresh existing resources.
Got questions or would like to explore our resources?
No problem, we’ve got you! Check out these useful links below
Simply fill in the form below and we will get back to you
"*" indicates required fields
We are committed to protecting your privacy, and promise to respect your personal information and do all we can to keep it safe. This includes not selling or sharing personal details with third parties for marketing purposes. You can find out more about how we process your data at www.maf-uk.org/privacy. You can withdraw your consent at any time by calling 01303 852819 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF) is the world’s largest humanitarian air operator. For over 75 years we have been flying light aircraft over jungles, mountains, swamps and deserts. We enable more than 2,000 aid, development and mission organisations to bring medical care, emergency relief and long-term development. Our pilots and personnel deliver relief workers, doctors, pastors, school books, food, medicines - everything that can only be safely and speedily delivered by air. Our faithful supporters give and pray to make this all possible.