Will you walk 100km so that the remote people we serve don't have to?
Fancy combining some stunning scenery, an ultra-challenge and probably a blister or two? Ok definitely a blister or two! Take on the challenge of 100km on foot along the oldest path in Britain.
Race to the Stones, is a fully supported 48-hour event. Whether you decide to run it or walk it, you will be going across the Ridgeway, the oldest path in the UK. Lined with Bronze Age hill forts, Neolithic burial chambers and Roman river crossings, it culminates in the largest Neolithic stone circle in Europe at Avebury.
And even better, this fundraiser will help the world's most isolated people to receive the help and hope they need. By fundraising for MAF, you will enable our planes to fly for 1,500 different churches, missions and NGOs, bringing healthcare, relief, Bibles and development to hundreds of remote communities.
- When: 14 & 15 July 2018
- Where: Lewknor (Oxfordshire) to Avebury (Wiltshire)
- One day or two? You can choose to do a nonstop option where you continue through the night, or you can stop at base camp and carry on the next morning.
What support will I get?
We would ask that you commit to raising a minimum of £500 and in return, you will get all of the below …
- Fully signed route through some of the most stunning scenery in Britain
- Pit stops around every 10km with loos, food, drinks and medical support
- Bag transport to the finish for all participants
- Map book with information about the route, views and landmarks
- Foot health experts along the course to help tend and dress sore feet
- A large overnight basecamp with hot meal for all participants*
- Event timing
- Two man tent for each participant including camping mat*
- Steaming hot showers (trust us, they aren’t a little trickle!)
- Stretching classes and physio guides
- FREE massage to sort out any aches and pains before day two*
- Some light entertainment for those who aren’t too sleepy*
- A hearty breakfast to get you ready for the remaining 50km*
- A well earned finisher’s medal.
*if choosing the overnight option
Please note we only have limited places which are available on a first come, first served basis. All participants must be fully registered by 28 January 2018.