Since MAF began flying in South Sudan in 1950, we have seen great need, ongoing unrest and suffering, and the need for God’s peace and reconciliation.
Today, unimaginable suffering, over 1.5 million displaced people, continued violence, disrupted livelihoods and ongoing food insecurity threaten this already shattered nation.
Will you pray for this nation?
What can I pray for?
Please pray for the people of South Sudan, for MAF, and for the many organisations striving to meet such overwhelming needs.
Urgent prayer needs
- The ongoing unrest which has forced 1.5 million people to be displaced in their own nation and a further 400-500,000 to flee the country
- 2.5 million people face a crisis in food insecurity between January-March 2015
- The response of the international community to the humanitarian crisis. Pray it will be timely and sufficient
- The rainy season has cut off parts of the country, making access difficult. There is barely any infrastructure and insecurity is a real issue. Pray that food aid and medical care will reach those in greatest need
- Women and girls are at particular risk of violence and abuse in conflict situations. Pray for God's hand of protection
- As for MAF, the demand for flights is stretching us to full capacity in what is already a tough environment to live and work in. Pray for strength and wisdom.
- Pray for the Church as it seeks to bring peace and reconciliation
- Pray the government will rule wisely, justly and selflessly.
- Pray for genuine transformation in the hearts of people deep in a culture of cattle raids and revenge to peace and the will to build and develop the nation
- Pray for peace and unity within and with neighbouring countries.
- Pray for safety in flying and wisdom to discern airstrip conditions in the rainy season
- Pray for strength for our growing team and those we partner with. The heat is relentless and stifling
- Pray for good relations with the authorities
- Pray for wisdom to prioritise which flights are most urgent.